BOOK A MASSAGE - Support A Cause
This September represents the 9th year anniversary for Wellness for the Body, and what better way to celebrate than to support a wonderful and worthwhile charity. Wellness for the Body is proud to announce that for each one hour massage provided in the month of September, $1 will be donated to The Oakville & Milton Humane Society.
Call 905.465.4595 to book your September appointment and to celebrate and support with us!
What are the Benefits of Infant Massage?
Lisa J. Rutherford, RMT
Registered Massage Therapist
For me, the bonding between parent and a new baby is the strongest connection I have ever experienced. I have three children and during the first month of my first born child's life, I was taught infant massage. In the evenings, I would give her a massage after her bath. I immediately noticed that she slept much better, had less gas, and seemed more content overall. I used massage with my next two babies, but found that I had less and less time to do it daily. Looking back, I wish I had been more attentive to the boys with infant massage as they had trouble with gas and constipation, which caused irritability.
Infant Massage has many benefits, including:
- Increased restfulness
- Relaxation from the slow and soothing gentle strokes
- Increased flexibility and range of motion
- Slow and steady stretches to babies limbs helps lengthen their little muscles
- Slowly moving babies joints through a gentle range of motion can improve joint mobility
- Increased circulation and decreased tension in the muscles
- Reduced tension is a result of the increased local circulation, the warmth from your hands and the gentle gliding
- Decreased gas and bloating
- Slow and steady bending of the knees to chest really helps move gas along
- Decreased constipation
- Starting in baby's lower right abdomen, gentle massage strokes in a clockwise direction help move and stimulate the colon
- Closer bond between the parent and new baby
- Increased body awareness
- For babies and adults alike, the brain’s attention is on the muscles being warmed, touched, and stretched, which increases an overall awareness
- Decreased teething pain – a result of gentle gum massage
- Decreased over all pain – a result of full body massage
Massage can be a very relaxing and loving experience if the baby is willing. Of course, always remember to wash your hands before and after each massage, especially right before gum massage, and take caution as the baby may bite (or nibble) on you.
With all these benefits why wouldn't you want to try it? The younger the baby is when massage is introduced, the easier it is for baby to accept it. Book a 30 minute massage with me, bring baby along and I will teach you some gentle techniques that you can perform at home. As well, I will provide you with printed instructions to take home and refer to when performing the massage on your own.
Please call us at 905.465.4595 for more information and to book your appointment.
For pricing information
Join or Support Us at MuckMS
Muck You. Muck Your Friends. Muck Everyone. It’s for charity.
Our Clinic Director and a few others have registered as participants for this year’s MuckMS to help raise funds for Canadians living with multiple sclerosis (MS).
One-hundred thousand Canadians live with MS and three more people are diagnosed every day.
Join and/or support our team knowing that you are helping to create a future free of multiple sclerosis. With your help, together we can make a difference.
Have You “Liked” Us?
|Have you “Liked” us on Facebook? Are you following us on Twitter? Click these links to connect with our online community where you will find tips for living well straight from our Chiropractor, Naturopath and Registered Massage Therapists! Join us online and stay in the know about upcoming workshops and events. We look forward to seeing you on Facebook and Twitter!
Health & Wellness: Shop In-Store or Online!
purchasing the gift of health couldn't be any easier!
Gift certificates may be purchased over the phone or
online for any dollar amount, and can be sent to you
by regular mail or email within 2 business days.
|enVy - The Anti-Aging Wellness Pillow
The revolutionary new anti-aging/wellness pillow helps maintain cosmetic procedures and reduce sleep induced wrinkles and facial compression. As well, it offers health and wellness by promoting the perfect night's sleep, proper neck support and spinal alignment.